- he left the job so i asked the neighbour where he was as i wanted it cleared up
- he came back and then gave it a brush over, never took the dust away
- i went beserk on the phone and had him back as my windows, plants, patio etc were covered in lime dust
Friday, 20 October 2017
Monday, 18 September 2017
Wednesday, 9 August 2017
- Injection Damp Proofing old houses is a WASTE of time and money - it doesnt work, and it causes irreparable damage to the fabric of your house
- Damp Courses are almost NEVER broken, bridged or damaged, as damp proofing companies will always tell you
- There is almost always a specific reason for damp, which is easily fixed
- Do NOT be talked into hacking old plaster off and re-plastering with gypsum, or worse still, waterproofing compounds, or so called 'waterproofing or renovating plaster'!
- Nearly every case of so called rising damp is just condensation - the bottom of the wall is coldest, so moisture condenses near the floor - it doesnt rise!
- If you have a rotten timber frame, its because of all the modern materials used to plug the gaps and cover it - sill beams covered with cement, wattle and daub covered with cement, silicone sealant around the panels and filling holes in the wood..
- NEVER use cement, tar, cement render, modern acrylic or silicone caulking on a timber frame - it will rot in front of your eyes
- Never use modern acrylic or emulsion paints - they are death to old walls - they are plastic - they trap moisture and cause damp. Avoid Weathershield, Sandtex, Stormdry - any 'protective masonry coatings'.
- Never use companies like Peter Cox, Timberwise, Rentokil, Kenwood unless they give you a full technical diagnosis of your problem using instruments OTHER than a damp meter, which they won't.
Great news from the "Home Pro" site which actually do speak to your clients and check up on you.
Wednesday, 26 April 2017
Wednesday, 19 April 2017
Wednesday, 12 April 2017
Oh! the equipment is old but you can have this too
Friday, 24 March 2017
Having bought the new Samsung s7 along with a screen protector that was scratch proof, shock proof earthquake proof rtf from a retailer. I was truly gutted when I caught the screen and it popped, screen protector still intact! Phone no longer worked etc so I contacted the company no reply to emails, phone calls etc then the website crashes with lots of blogs filled with manic electrical goods owners wanting a refund. But magically the company folded said good bye with our cash lol. I paid with a visa card clever me I thought...
So I called the bank filed a complaint, sent the pictures, held on the line countless times, lost my temper endless times, made voodoo dolls (made that bit up) but you get the picture... not pleased. Then 6 months later the HSBC send me this later. So I called skrill and basically got told to do one and tough luck.
So read the letter and be warned as there is no happy ending....