Monday, 28 November 2011

chimney and rendered gable

well heres the scaffolding, the chimney and the rendering.








We started taking the render off as it was letting water in when we discovered that the brickwork was a little wobbly to say the least. the gable is far from straight, no lead work (sticky back plasters used) and the tiles stopped 50mm short of the edge of the gable.
Great not just one issue but a handful to contend with.
so on agreement with the owner we hired Rammys scaffolding and took the chimney down and away. Then the new one went up lead work on and the scratch coat applied today.